Our client, a global services and consulting company, is recruiting a Java Developer to join its team in Mauritius.
As an experienced Java, you will be assigned to projects using a vast spectrum of tools, frameworks and methodologies. You will be given the opportunity to showcase your skills as an expert, as a mentor and as an innovator. We believe in continuous investment in our people as such we provide a variety of trainings ranging from Web Development (Angular, React) to Artificial Intelligence, Agile, DevOps as well as different levels certifications on AWS, Google Cloud Platform and Java.
- Analysis and design of solutions based on functional requirements delivered by business analysts.
- Implementation of solutions making use of appropriate design patterns and architectural guidelines and frameworks such as Spring, Hibernate and other project relevant frameworks.
- Perform own code reviews and quality checks as well as performing quality audits of other team members.
- Unit testing of own codes using Junit and other mock frameworks.
- Continuously look at ways to automate and improve existing processes.
- Implement DevOps pipelines for Continuous Integration and Deployment using Jenkins or other relevant tool.
- Provide clear and precise reporting to management.
- Provide overview of project issues, impediments and risks in a proactive manner.
- To mentor and coach junior resources.
- Ability to work both on the back as well as Front (e.g. Angular, React, VueJS) is a plus.
- Being already knowledgeable about setup of cloud infrastructure such as AWS or Google Cloud Platform is a plus.
- Being knowledgeable in python or other additional language is plus.
- A minimum of 2 years of working experience in a similar position.
- Experience in application design.
- Experience in coaching and supervision of small teams of programmers would be a plus.
- Ability to integrate existing teams and be a team player.
- Willingness to adopt new technologies, methodology and tooling.
- Willingness to disrupt and be an innovator.
- Good communication skills in French and English (written and oral).
- Bachelor’ in Computer Science / Software Engineer / Information Systems and/or Masters’ in Information Technology / Computer Science.
By applying, you agree to our Terms and Conditions.