Our clients, an international company specialising in Customer contact Technologies, is looking for a PHP Tech Lead to join their team in Mauritius, based in Tamarin.
The company is looking for developers to evolve and maintain the software packages published by the organisation as well as to participate in specific developments in the context of customer projects.
- Lead the design, implementation, and building of new product features or applications based on technology and business needs.
- Take technical ownership, and provide technical work direction to other Software Engineers, of one or more parts of the platform.
- Participate and help drive scrum projects, communication of team status and obstacles, and lead technical aspects of planning and estimating.
- Lead code reviews and drive improved coding practices to ensure code quality, mentorship, and shared knowledge.
- Measure and improve site performance and scalability.
- Write well-tested code that is resilient to heavy iteration.
- Participate in knowledge sharing opportunities and contribute to the overall growth of the collective knowledge of the team.
- 7+ years’ experience developing software in a production environment at scale.
- Experience in a lead role leading other Engineers in a team based environment.
- Demonstrable experience writing clean, thoughtfully crafted PHP that scales.
- Experience fine tuning Elasticsearch indexes to get your searches just right.
- Familiarity with asynchronous worker queues.
- Experience writing automated unit tests and working in a CI/CD environment.
- An entrepreneurial attitude that enables you to get high-quality projects done quickly.
- Start Up experience is helpful.
- A strong communicator. You write well and can easily explain complex technical concepts to non-technical people.
- History of staying current on best practices in technology.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Engineering or equivalent.
By applying, you agree to our Terms and Conditions.